Things To Note
- A new photograph must be submitted when applying for a new passport, Singapore Permanent Residence or Singapore Citizenship.
- Your photograph must meet ICA’s requirements (see details below). Failure to meet these requirements can delay your application or result in its rejection.
- Your photograph must not be altered or enhanced in any way. This includes the modification of facial features and/or the usage of photo editing software.
Download Mobile App Below For Taking Passport Photo For Free
- Taken within the last 3 months
- Clear and in focus (Resolution in 300dpi minimally or 600dpi best quality), 35mm wide by 45mm high (400px X 514px), without any borders
- In colour taken against a plain white background without shadows
- Avoid white headgear and plain white clothing (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide any facial features)
- Full face with the upper shoulders visible, facing forward with eyes open
- Hair must not cover the eyebrows or the eyes
- Even exposure (must not be taken under direct lighting)
- Spectacle frames must not cover part of the eyes
- Spectacle lenses must not reflect or glare
- You must look at the camera with a neutral expression and with mouth closed.
Dos & Don’ts
Have an even exposure (must not be taken under direct lighting)
Hair must not cover eyebrow or eyes
Spectacle frame should not cover part of the eyes. Lenses should not have reflections/glare
Full face with upper shoulders seen, facing forward with eyes open
In colour taken against plain white background without shadows
You should face the camera directly